Monday, December 21, 2009

Return from Thailand.




Thank the Lord! He has shown me the miracle of his mercy in a city under attack.
Psalm 31:21

Staying at the House of Grace is more amazing than I ever could have imagined. If there is one thing I can say about the trip, It's that Gods love radiates through each of the girls there. As soon as you walk in they run to you and begin to hug you. They don't know anything about you, what youve done in the past, how you feel, anything. They just simply love you.

These girls have come out of situations that no one deserves to live through. Parents addicted to opium, dying from Aids, ten people living in a one room house, living in a chicken coop, its just heartbreaking. But God has shown his mercy on Thailand and has provided these girls with a place they can go and be loved and provided for. Thailand has a rising trend in child trafficing and prostitution. These girls had their futures stamped on their lives, but God saved them. We went to downtown Bangkok and saw the brothels so we could see what House of Grace was saving the girls from. Wow. I am so grateful for everything I have. My heart still breaks for all the girls who are already caught up in that lifestyle and don't have a way out. I could talk forever about all the cool things we got to do, and all the amazing food we ate, but thats not what the trip was about.

In Hebrews 13, it starts by saying that we are to continue to love one another and show hospitatlity to believers because we never know when we are interacting with angels.These girls showed me love like Ive never experienced before. Ive heard all my life that we are suppose to love one another, but never have I seen it acted out in such a manner. The whole trip I just felt loved, wanted, cared for. Ive never experienced God's love like this. ive grown up in church my whole life and have been blessed, but there is no way I share God's love like they do. Its like God was like, "let me show you how its suppose to be done." And shown through these little girls who grew up with such broken lives. They dont care about anything but us, loving us, playing with us, just being with us. Nothing else matters. Hebrews 1 also says to remember those in prison as if we are in prison and those who are mistreated and if we are mistreated. We were there for the Christmas celebration, so its one of two times a year the families visit the girls.

There were girls who would take their dinners to their little brothers and sisters instead of them eating. And most of the girls send money back home once they finish school and start working. After everything they have been through, they still love and care for their families back home. Most of the time, the girls end up in these situations because their families just cant afford to take care of them anymore. But these girls are ok, because they know the love of God, and they share it with others.
It was so hard to leave the House of Grace. The girls were crying, we were crying, it was just an emotional rollercoaster. I bonded with some of the girls more than others and to see them look up and me and say "I love you please dont forget me." Oh my stars, the tears just started pouring. I only spend a week with these girls but it felt like they had loved me my whole life.

Thats the amazing thing about God's love. He has loved us our entire lives, and he can show it through anybody. He doesn't care about the mistakes we've made or anything, all he wants to do is love us. These girls treated us like family. Not only do they treat us like that, but they show a love for one another like a family. They are all sisters. Sisters of Christ. And to hear them sing worship, its just unbelieveable. The love that they showed us is nothing compared to the love they show God. All the Christmas cards they made us say "God loves you, I love you." Thats such a bold statement, even though I dont know you, God loves you and I do too. I mean coming home is such a hard adjustment because everyday I was there I was loved, there was no rejection of any kind. But here, we dont love like that. At least I know I havent, but that doesnt mean Im not going to try to now. I feel like these girls showed me how God wants me to love others.

Love each other with a warm love that comes from the heart. 1 Peter 1:22


I honestly dont think I can find the words to truly capture my experience in Thailand. I feel like when I left, I left a piece of my heart there. Those girls impacted me more than I could have ever imagined. There is no way possible that I could ever forget them. I feel like I have been challenged to show others the love that they showed me. I want people to look at me and experience God's love like I did through them. So if Ive done any wrong against you in the past, or been hateful to you, or anything else, I am sorry, and know that I am going to truly love like God loves no matter what has happened in the past, whatever wrong was committed doesnt matter. Nothing matters except sharing Gods grace and love.


As the Beatles once said, "All you need is love."

1 comment:

Beth T said...

best blog post i've read in a while:)

Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
Ephesians 4:29